couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norman.bar...@gmail.com>
Subject Ann: CouchMaps
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 23:53:21 GMT
I am pleased to announce CouchMaps which is a simple wrapper around
MapServer (http://mapserver.org/) to enable

   * Existing MapServer map files to be converted to JSON format
   * MapServer map files to be edited in JSON and stored in CouchDB
   * MapServer to be managed and run in an Erlang OTP supervision process
   * GDAL CouchDB OGR driver to serve GeoJSON directly from CouchDB as
a WFS or rendered through WMS

MapServer is an Open Source platform for publishing spatial data and
interactive mapping applications to the web.

The code is available here

https://github.com/normanb/couchmaps

Mainly this leverages the great work by the GDAL and MapServer communities.

I have included sample data and a walk through of making WFS and WMS
queries (http://www.opengeospatial.org).

My employer, ITT VIS, http://www.ittvis.com enabled the release of
this code and donated my time to this development.

Many thanks,

Norman

p.s. I would like to make this work with CouchDB trunk, but GeoCouch
is using an API that is pending approval to CouchDB trunk so currently
it uses CouchOne.