couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: local.ini in Futon?
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 00:47:39 GMT
Hi, Johnny, please see my comments in-line below.

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Johnny Weng Luu
<johnny.weng.luu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Iriscouch and have to edit local.ini to add virtual hosts.

Iris Couch is orthodox Apache CouchDB, as much as possible (the major
exception is GeoCouch). So this comment should work for any or all
Apache CouchDB servers you use.

> I wonder how I do this using Futon. Is the "configuration" the same as
> local.ini?

Yes, the Futon "Configuration" section is exactly like editing
local.ini. Simply log in as the admin, and go to "Configuration". You
can change existing settings by double-clicking them.

To add a configuration option, for example

    [vhosts]
        example.com = /database/_design/app/_rewrite

click the link at the very bottom, "Add a new section" and enter your
settings in this order:

section: vhosts
option: example.com
value: /database/_design/app/_rewrite

Finally, note that you must configure your own domain (in this email I
use "example.com") so that the IP address actually points to the
CouchDB server. You can use an A record or a CNAME record (I prefer
and recommend CNAME).

Good luck!

--
Iris Couch