couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcello Nuccio <marcello.nuc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building substantial "pure" 2 tier CouchApps - feasible?
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 01:18:59 GMT
I am building a pure couchapp to:
  - insert the orders of the clients;
  - insert the modifications requested by the clients;
  - assign the work to the laboratories;
  - track the warehouse.
  - etc.

Not very big, but quite complex because I have many document types and
I must exchange data with lot of legacy systems.

It is an hard work if you are used to RDMS. The most challenging problems are:
  - how to model the data to keep the couchapp simple, efficient, and
easily interoperable with other system?
  - access control: in CouchDB is a brand new world. Everything you
already know on access control is almost useless with CouchDB.
  - you will need to write some external utility to do some tasks, not
only for maintenance.

just my 2cents...

Marcello