couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: changes_timeout
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 11:21:31 GMT
On 5 July 2011 21:26, Filipe David Manana <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
> I think the most right thing here would be to make the connection
> timeout configurable (globally or per replication), exactly like the
> in new replicator implementation (trunk, upcoming 1.2.0 release).
> However just replacing that 10 seconds timeout with 30 seconds (like
> everywhere else in the code) should do it for most cases.
>

> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>> On 5 July 2011 18:53, Benoit DECHERF <bdecherf@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So ?
>>> Should I enter a bug for this ?
>>>
>>> Benoit

>> Hi Benoit,
>>
>> yes please. I will take a look & see if I can provide a fix for this.
>>
>> A+
>> Dave
>>

> --
> Filipe David Manana,

>  Unreasonable men adapt the world to themselves.
>  That's why all progress depends on unreasonable men."

Hi Benoit,

Seems Filipe has this covered in trunk already (sorry!) so no need for
a ticket as it will come across in the next release.

As you've got couchdb installed you also have an erlang compiler; its
sufficient to edit the source .erl file with your new timeout value
and then:

    erlc <file.erl>

to produce a new .beam file. Copy this over top of the old one,
restart couchdb & you can quickly check if it addresses your issue.

A+
Dave