couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Futon Test Suite Failures
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:02:36 GMT
> On 12/07/2011 5:26 PM, Sam Kearns wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Thanks for your response! I will send my couch.log directly to you via
>> e-mail.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sam

>>> Hi Sam,
>>>
>>> There's no acceptable reason for CouchDB to crash on Windows nor any
>>> other OS. Can you paste somewhere the contents of couch.log please, or
>>> put it on something like dropbox, I'd like to take a look. Also what
>>> CouchDB version did you use - where was it downloaded from?
>>>
>>> Re the test suite, I test mainly against FF 4.0. One of the issues is
>>> that a lot of the tests are dependent on the browser's
>>> functionality/bugs&  we are often impacted by browser caching. Not a
>>> great excuse but!
>>>
>>> If you reset FF and re-run the test suite things should be repeatable.
>>> If you see failures then I'd like to sort these out, especially if its
>>> couch dying or
>>>
>>> Seeing as you're in a similar timezone (woo southern hemisphere!!!!)
>>> feel free to chase me (dch) up on IRC #couchdb. I'm online from 21h00
>>> NZST most evenings and daytime around 10h00 onwards.
>>>
>>> A+
>>> Dav

Hi Sam

That is a lot of logs I'm still going through them :-). So far I see
the usual stuff I'm expecting from a test suite but nothing that
explains the HTTP hang yet.

Could you try this please?

- open FF, clear all crud via "Tools -> Clear Recent History" if
Aurora is similar to FF5.
- stop couchdb service
- move/backup/copy your existing couch DBs in
%COUCHDIR%\var\lib\couchdb\* to somewhere safe
- ensure this folder is now empty incl no more subfolders
- delete %COUCHDIR%\var\log\couchdb\*
- modify %COUCHDIR%\etc\couchdb\local.ini to use [log] level = debug
- start couchdb not via service, but via %COUCHDIR%\bin\couchdb.bat
- you can prettify the werl.exe window if you like
- re-run the test suite from FF
- if any tests fail, gently re-run them individually a couple of times

Also just curious, what's the setting of
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache ? Are there any delayed
write errors in the system event log?

Thanks
Dave