couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Eck <matthias....@jibbigo.com>
Subject Iterating all documents
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 23:41:30 GMT
Hello,

I need to add a new field to all documents in my database.

To have a better control I wanted to do this by batches and defined 2 views:
documents_without_newfield
documents_with_newfield

My idea was to just take the first 100 returned by the
documents_without_newfield view, calculate the new field for all of
them, save them and take the next 100 etc.

As it turns out the views do not seem to be updated immediately, which
means that the view documents_without_newfield returns about 95
documents that actually already had the new field calculated in the
previous step.

Can I force the view to update immediately so I can iterate through
the all documents?

Thanks,
Matthias