couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@boutiquing.com>
Subject Re: RESTful document structure
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 20:37:25 GMT
However, the more views, designs, etc. you put in a single db the
slower some operations, like updating a view, get.  I tend to use
different DBs when I know the data has no inter-connections and has no
reason to be combined.  It also feels good to have independent dbs
when used by independent modules.

The only negative I can think of is having more dbs to manage in
operations like replication, but that is just bookkeeping.