couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Keith Gable <zi...@ignition-project.com>
Subject Re: RESTful document structure
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 08:02:55 GMT
It's probably a bad idea to mix different applications on the same database
unless they're related in some way. It's OK to mix different applications on
the same CouchDB instance.

I somehow think you are equating database to CouchDB instance rather than
database = document collection running on a CouchDB instance. Design
documents exist for the same reason that there are classes in OO languages.
Sure, you could make one single class (ClassToRuleThemAll, let's say) to
hold the data for every single data type you work with, but that's silly.