couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RESTful document structure
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 20:44:49 GMT
That's not quite accurate. All views inside the same design document
are written to the same file and so we update them all at once, but
each design document can build its views independently. The pivot
point for view build parallelism is the design document, not the
database.

Keeping unrelated documents in different databases is just another way
of saying keep related documents in the same database, which is sane.

B.