couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guys with deep knowledge about CouchDB Replication, I'd need your help :)
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 16:00:59 GMT
try;

-d '{"f6d5fe1b2a71eb0fdaddac0a72e10c39":
["1-f4f9a86eeb08a6a09b36a6f9bf81c2b1"]}'

the keys are the doc ids, not the relative url to the document.

B.

On 29 July 2011 18:05, Michael Aufreiter <ma@zive.at> wrote:
> Trying to make use of _revs_diff for implementing my own replicator.
>
> I'm just wondering why I don't get a result for:
>
> curl -X POST localhost:5984/tasks/_revs_diff -d '{"/task/f6d5fe1b2a71eb0fdaddac0a72e10c39":
["1-f4f9a86eeb08a6a09b36a6f9bf81c2b1"]}'

> There are revisions (2, 3, 4) in the db that I would expect to get returned.
>
> Basically I want to ask Couch: "Give me all the updates you have for a certain set of
id's (with the latest known revision)"

> Any ideas?
>
> -- Michael
>
> On Friday, July 29, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Michael Aufreiter wrote:
>
>> Nice. Having a look at it.
>>
>> It really depends on how much functionality you wanna delegate to the client. In
my opinion, in most cases you wan't to keep the amount of local data low. That's why I'll
probably use localstorage to memoize a complete snapshot of the current graph. Once you reload
the page all data is loaded into memory again (restored) and you can query it as usual (using
Data.Graph#find). So in my case I'd rather wanna use just LocalStorage without employing indexedDB
etc. as local views(map-reduce etc) wouldn't be an requirement here. But what I need to solve
is the replication thing.

>> On Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Max Ogden wrote:
>>
>> > beginnings of an html5 couch: https://github.com/mikeal/pouchdb
>> >
>> > it would be great to get @mikeal and @tilgovi to chime in on this
>> > thread as they were writing the replicator for that

apps, involving CouchDB and Data.js. I already introduced Data.js here at this mailing list
the other day, but here's a link again:

not pull in node-updates. Now this should change.

(other users might have updated them), and if yes, pull them in

between the pull and the push it's unlikely to run into conflicts when doing the push.

I can re-use some of the concepts.

to the server. The server (resp. Couch) should then check if there are updates for any of
them. If yes, those nodes should be fetched and delivered to the client. Given that number
of ID/revision pairs, what would be the best way to check for updates? Or do you have any
other ideas on how to do the pull?

their best to keep the local graph rather small (the bigger it gets the more overhead you
have when doing the push, also more memory is used). However this should suit a lot of scenarios
(like in my case making possible offline editing of Substance.io (http://Substance.io) documents)

a framework (Data.js+Couch) would be a great benefit for application developers who wan't
to build offline apps. What do you think?