couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unexpected response for ?open_revs=all
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:07:26 GMT
It was said, or at least implied, in another thread.

Please don't remove it from the wiki.

It's clear that the wiki serves poorly as an official source of
documentation. This is not surprising given that's not where their
strengths lie.

There's an effort to create solid documentation that will form part of
future releases. They will live under source control with the code
base where we can make it part of our routine to ensure their accuracy
over time. If this effort is successful, everyone will benefit from a
definitive source of API documentation, the wiki can revert to being
entirely supplemental and non-definitive.

B.

On 13 July 2011 17:48, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2011, at 1:03 AM, Robert Newson wrote:
>
>> We changed the format between releases. As noted, this is not part of the public
API.

> Actually no one had said in this thread that open_revs isn't public API. :/
> Shall I remove the references to it from the wiki (both with ‘all’ and with a revision
list?)

> Going forward it might be useful to adopt a special naming convention for new parameters
that are for internal use only, like an “i_” prefix.