couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regard to Space
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 10:58:47 GMT
One useful enhancement is coming to help here. The db info will
include a data_size value, which is the size of the real data inside
the data (basically the size the file will be after you compact it).
You can use this value to decide when to compact, rather than doing it
on a fixed time schedule. For example, you could scan all databases on
an hourly basis but only initiate compaction for databases and views
that would shrink by more than 50%.

B.