couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it OK to interpret the generation count in a revision ID?
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 23:34:27 GMT
The wiki does mention it (though I'll point out politely that the
couchbase docs, while lovely, are not official atm).

The rev values should be treated opaquely, we don't promise not to
change the format. The contents of the conflicts is what you are
supposed to use to resolve them, just as you do in source code (you
don't use the revision id directly in SVN, right?).

B.