couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: update from 1.02 to 1.1.0 > Error: "userCtx is null"
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 18:26:29 GMT

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/trunk/share/www/script/jquery.couch.js
> and
> it works now.

Yay!

> I must have made a mistake updating. I wonder what else I have done wrong
> updating. I simply got a new Windows exe and installed it. Obviously I
also
> have to replace manually the CouchDB and CouchApp js files in my app. Now
it
> seems quite clear but being a real beginner I didn't realize before.
>
> Is updating CouchDb and CouchApp explained well somewhere?

If you're including jquery.couch.js in your couchapp it's probably good to
stay up to date with it. Since Futon uses it, it's included with CouchDB. If
it doesn't exist already, you could actually modify your .ini file to create
a static path to the system-included copy.

In general, though, this shouldn't be a problem. Since jquery.couch.js uses
the normal HTTP interface to CouchDB it should work against any release of a
particular major version. In other words, we don't plan to break anything
until 2.0. You just happened to stumble upon a bug that was recently fixed.
Sorry about that!

> Thanks so much for helping!!!

Of course! I'm glad the fix was so easy.

-Randall