couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: couchdb server pidfile location
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 21:47:57 GMT
On 1 July 2011 07:57, Zdenek Maxa <zdenekmaxa@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need to find out couchdb server pidfile location (or main process pid
> directly) via a query. Stuff like /_config, /_log, /_stats is useful and
> nowhere seems to be this pid/pidfile information. In other words, is
> there anything as simple as for mysql:
> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'pid_file'. I have given up after lots of searching
> and I will greatly appreciate your help. Thanks very much in advance.
>
> Zdenek

Hi Zdenek,

This isn't exposed via the HTTP API today and use of pidfiles is not
consistent across OS in general.

couchdb on unixes is run from {prefix}/bin/couchdb. If you grep that
file for PID you'll find a default on my Mac its:

PID_FILE=/usr/local/var/run/couchdb/couchdb.pid

Which interestingly is empty on my mac as my couchdb is run from launchd.

Starting it as sudo -u couchdb couchdb -b does what is expected.

You should be able to run couchdb -s to see what the pid is if couchdb
is running in background mode.

A+
Dave