couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject NGNIX as a reverse proxy and replication not working
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:56:28 GMT
Can anyone provide me with some guidance on proxying CouchDB 1.0.2 with NGINX and getting replication
to work with it? I followed the guide here http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Nginx_As_a_Reverse_Proxy
but replication from the proxied CouchDC isn't working...

I'm able to cURL the _changes feed and perform a GET request to fetch the individual documents
using:

 curl -X GET "http://ec2-174-129-59-231.compute-1.amazonaws.com:5984/node/_changes?include_docs=true"

and I can even

 curl -X GET "http://ec2-174-129-59-231.compute-1.amazonaws.com:5984/node/node_description

But when I try to replication, either via futon or curl, I'm getting no love.  Replication
does work tho.. if I use an SSH tunnel directly from local pc to remote couch... via ssh -L
9000:localhost:5984 ...

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

- Jim

Here's my NGINX conf:

user www-data;
worker_processes  1;

error_log  /var/log/nginx/error.log;
pid        /var/run/nginx.pid;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;
    # multi_accept on;
}

http {
    include       /etc/nginx/mime.types;

    access_log  /var/log/nginx/access.log;

    sendfile        on;
    #tcp_nopush     on;

    #keepalive_timeout  0;
    keepalive_timeout  65;
    tcp_nodelay        on;

    gzip  on;
    gzip_disable "MSIE [1-6]\.(?!.*SV1)";

    include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;
    include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*;
}

And here's my site config which is linked within /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/:

server {
        listen   80 default;
        server_name  localhost;

        access_log  /var/log/nginx/learningregistry.access.log;

        location / {
                        fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:5000;
                        fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_script_name;
                        fastcgi_param REQUEST_METHOD $request_method;
                        fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING $query_string;
                        fastcgi_param CONTENT_TYPE $content_type;
                        fastcgi_param CONTENT_LENGTH $content_length;
                        fastcgi_param  SERVER_ADDR        $server_addr;
                        fastcgi_param  SERVER_PORT        $server_port;
                        fastcgi_param  SERVER_NAME        $server_name;
                        fastcgi_param  SERVER_PROTOCOL    $server_protocol;
                        fastcgi_pass_header Authorization;
                        fastcgi_intercept_errors off;

        }

        # redirect server error pages to the static page /50x.html
        #
        error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
        location = /50x.html {
                root   html;
        }

}

server {
        listen domU-12-31-39-04-41-E2.compute-1.internal:5984;
        server_name domU-12-31-39-04-41-E2;

        location / {
                proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:5984;
                proxy_redirect off;