couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin R. Coombes" <kevin.r.coom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weird: the order of 'group' and 'group_level' params is significant
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:01:53 GMT
To this user, it still smells like a bug....

And I would therefore argue in favor of deprecation.  In the long run,
it is better to teach people to use "group_level=exact" than to
repeatedly have to explain this issue to them.  I think it's a bad idea
to promote behavior (using "group=true") that does not fit with user
expectations (that "group=true" is simply a binary switch that still
allows you to set group_level to whatever you want).

I also think making it a "400 Bad Request" is just going to confuse
users who still won't know why it's bad.

     Kevin