couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Behrad Zari <behrad_z...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Patching MultiView to CouchDB 1.1
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:26:42 GMT
Thanks Benoit,
I'd read that Couchbase supports some more nice features (like geocouch,...) but I'm afraid
of it's support to be used in a production environment. As you know they have not released
on Couchdb 1.1 yet but I should find or here more about their release regularity, feature
support and standardization, stability and...

--Behrad

________________________________
From: Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org; Behrad Zari <behrad_zari@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: Patching MultiView to CouchDB 1.1

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Behrad Zari <behrad_zari@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
> We were using Norman's multiview patched into couchdb in production. Since Norman has
moved multiview to a forked version from couchdb trunk recently we were unable to use multiview
alongside Couchdb 1.1
> Anyone trying to do that!?
>
> Dear Norman, which erl files should be compiled and patched into a Couchdb compiled from
the main trunk?
> is there any compatibiliy issues across Couchdb versions? We want to have an standlone
multiview patch, to be installed into our compiled CouchDB from the main trunk!

> yours,
>
> --Behrad

In couchbase code I saw an interesting features allowing to merge
views. THat something I want to test this week-end, but filippe will
have fore sure more details about it.

- benoit