couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 14:33:13 GMT

On 4 Jun 2011, at 15:55, Marcel Bruch wrote:

> On 04.06.2011, at 15:45, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

serialisation formats that we use for data storage.

>>> OK. Assuming that this compiled code could be separated and packaged in a platform-independent
way we just need one plug-in for CouchDB 1.0.x + one plug-in for each "Erlang Runtime x supported
OS" combination. Thus, this boils down to "how can we use an Erlang Runtime packaged as plug-in".

>> I forgot: There's parts of CouchDB that are in C and thus are platform dependent,
like Spidermonkey, the ICU port driver and in trunk the JSON NIFs.

> OK.
>
>> I'd still recommend just taking the folder that build-couchdb produces and create
one bundle per architecture.

> The build folder is 70MB large. Could this be reduced further? This is not a hard requirement
but it would be nice if this could be reduced a bit.

Pretty sure it can :)

> In any case, I will give it a try and create a simple feature + plug-in for Eclipse that
packages the latest CouchDB w/ Erlang runtime for MacOSX  + code that starts CouchDB from
within Eclipse.

Awesome!

Cheers
Jan