couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB compaction [again]...
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 21:49:45 GMT
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 6:32 AM, kowsik <kowsik@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are running a cluster of 1.0.2 CouchDB's in production
> (http://blitz.io) and the one and only thing that we have to look into
> periodically is compaction. Are there plans for automatic compaction
> in the roadmap so we can completely relax?

Hi Kowsik,

I've recently made a configurable compaction daemon (database and
views). It's proposed in:

I still have quite a few enhancements in my head todo, but in general
it's ok for many cases. It was included in the Couchbase 2.0 Single
preview CouchDB distribution. So far it had positive feedback, and no
bugs found yet.

The documentation for it:
https://github.com/fdmanana/couchdb/blob/compaction_daemon/etc/couchdb/default.ini.tpl.in#L189

It makes use of recent "data_size" attribute added to trunk:

With the recent work by

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org