couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:14:28 GMT
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Marcel Bruch <bruch@cs.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
>>> In any case, I will give it a try and create a simple feature + plug-in for Eclipse
that packages the latest CouchDB w/ Erlang runtime for MacOSX  + code that starts CouchDB
from within Eclipse.

>> Awesome!
>
> I spent few minutes on this today. Starting/stoping an instance of CouchDB from within
Eclipse works. Configuration parameters like "database_dir" "util_driver_dir" etc., however,
still point to the build folder. This needs some adjustments, for example by rewriting the
configuration file on startup.

> How can we continue?
> 1. To use CouchDB from Eclipse support for most popular os is needed. This should include
win32/64, linux32/64, and mac32/64.

> 2. The configuration issues need to be solved.

Again using rcouch templates you can build customs couch with the
config you need, and distribute it as a binary. Maybe it could help?

https://github.com/refuge/rcouch_template
> 3. To use CouchDB at Eclipse the code of CouchDB and Erlang must pass an IP check. Especially
for Erlang this may take some time.

Not sure why ? You can get last uri used by couch by getting it in
couch.uri file and let ip an dport be set automatically by the system
(0.0.0.0:0)

> While the latter is more my problem than yours, how about the former two? Is it realistic
to get builds for other os from CouchDB community?

> The (minimalistic) Eclipse/Java code to start/stop CouchDB is round about 20 lines and
will grow to a few hundred lines I think to deal with configuration rewrites etc.