couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to view child arrays in couch
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:29:07 GMT
You might want to link out to a pastbin or gist or something. Formatting is
all screwed up for me at least.

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish but you can emit()
multiple key/value pairs for a document. So if you were trying to be able to
query on some fields in the objects in the array, you could certainly loop
over the array and emit what you needed.

You will want to keep in mind that map() functions are defining a single
dimension index. So don't expect it to allow you to specify one long array
of keys then perform any arbitrary query you want. I don't know where your
understanding of CouchDB's map/reduce views is at but I'll include a link to
the wiki:

https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Introduction_to_CouchDB_views

--
“The limits of language are the limits of one's world. “ -Ludwig von
Wittgenstein