couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 08:05:10 GMT
On 9 June 2011 08:14, Marcel Bruch <bruch@cs.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
>>> In any case, I will give it a try and create a simple feature + plug-in for Eclipse
that packages the latest CouchDB w/ Erlang runtime for MacOSX  + code that starts CouchDB
from within Eclipse.

>> Awesome!
>
> I spent few minutes on this today. Starting/stoping an instance of CouchDB from within
Eclipse works. Configuration parameters like "database_dir" "util_driver_dir" etc., however,
still point to the build folder. This needs some adjustments, for example by rewriting the
configuration file on startup.

> How can we continue?
> 1. To use CouchDB from Eclipse support for most popular os is needed. This should include
win32/64, linux32/64, and mac32/64.
> 2. The configuration issues need to be solved.
> 3. To use CouchDB at Eclipse the code of CouchDB and Erlang must pass an IP check. Especially
for Erlang this may take some time.

> While the latter is more my problem than yours, how about the former two? Is it realistic
to get builds for other os from CouchDB community?

> The (minimalistic) Eclipse/Java code to start/stop CouchDB is round about 20 lines and
will grow to a few hundred lines I think to deal with configuration rewrites etc.

> Let me know what you think about it.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcel

I don't use Eclipse, nor java. But I can cover the windows side of (1) for you.

A+
Dave