couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Yogesh Khambia <ykham...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:42:40 GMT
Hi all,

Currently, I am doing performance tests with database in CouchDB 1.0.1,
where a script is continuously writing single documents to the CouchDB
database.
I had the issue of the user being penalized for reading the view in CouchDB
database, by updating the view indexes.To improve on the latency for the
view index generation, I wrote a function which generates the view indexes
for each new update made to the database.
The latency for view index creation has been improved. However, I read from
the FAQ on the CouchDB wiki that "The reason not to integrate each doc as it
comes in is that it is horribly inefficient and CouchDB is designed to do
view index updates very fast, so batching is a good idea."
It will be really helpful if somebody can answer me on following:

- If  view index generation for each new single document insert is not a
good approach?

- How does the single document insert and bulk document insert affect the
CouchDB view generation, where:

   1.  a daemon script updates view index for each new document insert.
   2.  a daemon script updates view index for bulk document

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,
Yogesh Khambia