couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Complex queries & results
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:10:55 GMT
If you're not keeping the connection alive (I assume a loop calling
wget is unable to do so) then much of the variance will be down to
creating new TCP connections. A further problem is that of ephemeral
port exhaustion, you might find the spikes in latency are cyclical,
which is when wget is blocked waiting for a port (the others still
lingering in TIME_WAIT, for example).

I suggest using apachebench or nodeload
(https://github.com/benschmaus/nodeload) with appropriate settings to
reuse connections.

"I expect stale=update_after to behave the same as stale=ok but also
trigger view index update."

Yes, it's true.

B.