couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Cliffano Subagio <cliff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ann] couchtato - command line tool to apply 'offline' js functions against all docs in a database
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 06:32:55 GMT
Hi Mark,

No, it doesn't read the db file directly.

Couchtato interacts with CouchDB via couchdb's http api
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API using Cradle
https://github.com/cloudhead/cradle .
It reads the documents using linked list pagination as described here
http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/recipes.html#fast , Couchtato then applies
all the functions described in its config file (on filesystem) on each
document one by one.
Writing / updating / deleting document are also done via http api.

It can read about 230000 documents (CouchDB server on an external network)
in about 2.5 minutes, so that's about 1533 docs per second.

The intention of this tool is to provide an easy way to 'do something' with
documents in couchdb without having to touch the design document on couchdb
itself.

Cheers,
Cliff.