couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: Installation on NAS (e.g. QNAP 419+)
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:25:55 GMT
On 16 June 2011 02:37, Johannes Schneider <> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I would love to see CouchDB running on my NAS
> This is an ARM based NAS that has a Linux system running.
> Since I don't have any experience compiling CouchDB and there is no
> compiler available on the NAS, I don't have an idea how to solve that
> issue...
> I downloaded the source distribution and executed ./configure. Attached
> the output of the log file down here...
> configure:3265: error: in `/opt/apache-couchdb-1.1.0':
> configure:3267: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

Hi Johannes

I expect you will spend a fair bit of time fiddling & cajoling this to
work. In my personal experience cross-compiling is not worth the
effort; you are better off getting a native toolchain up & running.
Although this is also not easy, and if you're not careful you could
end up with your NAS not being bootable.

There are a few people who have done this before for qnap -

A bit more google-fu should see you right - qnap arm native compiler
or toolchain. This is the same thing I am working through on the
CouchDB Windows build, and while its slow progress some weeks I am
learning a lot & definitely enjoying it.

Good luck!!

View raw message