couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Virtualizing CouchDB & Performance?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 07:55:24 GMT
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 01:39, keben <rsavy1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> i would like to have some feedback on how couchdb is behaving when virtualized?
> What should be considered whether to take the choice to host it on a physical
> server or VM.
> Any feedback and return of experience / issue would be very helpful
>
> Thanks a lot

In general the hardest part of virtualization will be getting good
disk performance, though I think virtualized block devices are better
than they used to be. To some extent this can be compensated for by
getting a VM with a larger amount of RAM so that the OS can keep more
disk pages cached.

-Randall