couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: Problem with czech alphabet in View_Collation
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 02:42:43 GMT
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now that we've moved to using NIF's I had been contemplating rewriting
> the ICU driver as a NIF to see if there were any performance
> differences. As part of that I would investigate the ability to pass
> in these tailoring bits to allow people to do fancier ICU collation
> that's been requested a couple times.

Perhaps this is the wrong place to do this, but a feature I'd like to
see is specifying sort direction of keys in an array. This would give
AFAIK 100% compatibility with the Google App Engine indexing system;
thus in principle App Engine apps could be ported to CouchDB.

emit([doc.first_name, doc.last_name, doc.age], 1);

It is not possible for first names to sort ascending, last names to
sort descending, and age to sort ascending again. The example may seem
contrived but it happens all the time.

--
Iris Couch