couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mehdi El Fadil <mehdi.elfa...@mango-is.com>
Subject data integration to couchdb
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:15:03 GMT
Hello,

I have to integrate data into couchdb. The following situations will be
possible:

   - extract data in real time (or near real-time) from a somewhere online,
   process it and insert in couchdb
   - run batches to get data from some location (eg flat file available
   online), process data and insert / update documents inside couchdb

My initial plan was to use couchdb both for storage and as application
server, to keep a simple architecture. However, my data integration
requirement might not be feasible easily using only views, list, and show
functions.

   1. How would I listen to real-time messages from the outside world?
   2. Would there be any way to have reasonable performance in the data
   processing (filtering, aggregation) if done from couchdb?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

cheers,

mehdi