couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dale Harvey <d...@arandomurl.com>
Subject Re: Are server-generated doc IDs better?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:08:56 GMT
CouchDB generates uuid's that attempts to minimise the amount of rebalancing
that needs to happen on insert, however thats only an optimization I would
worry about if you are under fairly severe load.

If your application has natural id's then I would use them, if not then I
think its fine to use POST as long as you aware of the idempotent issue

Cheers
Dale