couchdb-user mailing list archives

From JC de Villa <jc.devi...@gmail.com>
Subject Update function difficutlties on 1.1
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:59:51 GMT
Hi all,

I have 1.2 and 1.1 running on my dev machine and found that the update
handlers seems to work differently. All of my previous update handlers
work just fine, but a new handler that works fine on 1.2 will not work
on 1.1, getting a 409 conflict.

The function goes:

"remove": "function(doc, req){
    if(!req.query.position){
       return[null, 'Error'] }
    n = doc.names;
    for (var i in n){
     if(n[i] == req.query.position){
      delete n[i]
      }
     }
    doc['names'] = n;
    return [doc, 'OK']
  }"

1.2 was a fairly recent build (less than a week old), and 1.1 from the
official tarball.

I tried the same update handler on an older build of 1.2 (built
roughly around march on a different machine) and it works there as
well.

I've tried asking it nicely with doc._rev=doc._rev just before the
final return, but still get the conflict.

My dev machine runs kubuntu 11.04 and has 1.1 and 1.2. I've also
tested on windows XP and 7, and used 1.1 and 1.0.2. Wasn't able to try
1.2 on windows... my build attempt failed rather miserably.

Any ideas? I'm all out, and my attempt at building a couch on windows
has really got my migraine going.

JC de Villa