couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@boutiquing.com>
Subject Re: Are server-generated doc IDs better?
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:44:44 GMT
I had to patch jquery.couch.js that comes with couch to use post.  It
was using a synchronous ajax call to get uuids which is a big no-no,
especially since I am using the same code on node.

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@mooseyard.com> wrote:
> If my client code has access to a ready supply of unique ID strings (in my case, Cocoa’s
CFUUID API), is there any disadvantage to using those to create document IDs, versus using
IDs generated by the server’s /_uuids endpoint?

> On a similar note, if I’m talking to a server on localhost (from a mobile/desktop app)
is there any reason not to use POST to create new documents? The warning in the docs seems
to apply only if there are intermediate proxies that might repeat the request.

--
Mark Hahn
Website Manager