couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Attachment retrieval
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 23:38:53 GMT
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 16:07, Matthias Eck <matthias.eck@jibbigo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I replicated a CouchDB database to another server and ran into the
> following issue.
> Each document has a wave file as an attachment.
>
> On the original server a request like:
> ..../database/110608224202894?attachments=true gives me the expected
> result with the audio data similar to this (with a long string
> representing the audio data)
>
> "_attachments":{"recording.wav":{"content_type":"audio/x-wav","revpos":2,"data":"UklGRqQGAQBXQVZFZm1......
>
> On the new server this does not work anymore. The exact same request
> does not show the attachment, but it reloads the page and the browser
> apparently downloads the attachment data?
> The other parts of the document are shown correctly.

It sounds like you're issuing the request from the browser. I'd be
interested to know the details (if you can provide them from the debug
console or something) of the request headers. Also it'd be helpful to
know what version of CouchDB is running on each server (and at the
time of replication, if you've since upgraded).

Hope I can help you out!