couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Bruch <br...@cs.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:00:40 GMT
On 03.06.2011, at 17:57, Ryan Ramage wrote:

> I have some java code that manages a local install of couchdb. Here
> are some places you might want to look:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/eckoit/source/browse/trunk/eckoit-tray/src/main/java/com/googlecode/eckoit/util/CouchLocator.java
> http://code.google.com/p/eckoit/source/browse/trunk/eckoit-tray/src/main/java/com/googlecode/eckoit/tray/CouchDBProcessManager.java

Thanks for the pointers. Starting/Stoping when the application starts would be ok I guess.
I could imagine to run a local couchdb per Eclipse Workspace and start CouchDB with appropriate
paths to the Erlang runtime and DB location.

> I can't see any way of 'embedding' into eclipse other than by an
> external process. I have it bundled with my desktop application and I
> manage the start/stop when the application starts/stops.

Do you have binaries for Erlang bundled too? Or just for CouchDB? How many OS do you support?

I silently assume that I need one CouchDB build per OS. Is this right?

Thanks,
Marcel

> You will need
> to manage different couch binaries as well for each os.

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 3 Jun 2011, at 14:10, Marcel Bruch wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm currently evaluating whether we could use couchdb as embedded DB for one
of your projects. So far we use couchdb on server side but would like to synchronize some
data with various Eclipse clients .

and https://github.com/pittypanda/com.pittypanda.plugins.couch#readme

>>> The latter seems to require some working servers already installed, and the former
makes me believe that no solution is available yet. Is this right?

>>> I'm experienced with Eclipse, but unfortunately not experienced enough to know
how to install/run Erlang runtimes in Eclipse :(

>> I don't know much about the state of the above nor eclipse, but running CouchDB in
"embedded mode" is just like calling like any other third party command-line tool. What other
specific requirements does Eclipse have?