couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 13:45:20 GMT

On 4 Jun 2011, at 15:38, Marcel Bruch wrote:

> On 04.06.2011, at 15:25, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> Ah yes, compiled Erlang byte code works cross-platform. As do internal data serialisation
formats that we use for data storage.

> OK. Assuming that this compiled code could be separated and packaged in a platform-independent
way we just need one plug-in for CouchDB 1.0.x + one plug-in for each "Erlang Runtime x supported
OS" combination. Thus, this boils down to "how can we use an Erlang Runtime packaged as plug-in".

I forgot: There's parts of CouchDB that are in C and thus are platform dependent, like Spidermonkey,
the ICU port driver and in trunk the JSON NIFs.

I'd still recommend just taking the folder that build-couchdb produces and create one bundle
per architecture.

Cheers
Jan