couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin R. Coombes" <kevin.r.coom...@gmail.com>
Subject replication problem (1.0.1 error on ensure_full_commit)
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:16:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm having (another) problem trying to replicate a Couch database.
Replication begins just fine, but at random points I get the following
log message:

[Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:34:36 GMT] [error] [emulator] Error in process
<0.630.0> with exit value: {{nocatch,{invalid_json,<<231
bytes>>}},[{couch_util,json_decode,1},{couch_rep,ensure_full_commit,2},{couch_rep,'-commit_to_both/3-fun-0-',3}]}

At this point, replication halts and does not resume.  Both the source
and target couchdb's are running version 1.0.1.  Replication was started
by a POST to the target machine.

The source machine is behind a proxy which only allows HTTP GET
commands.  (Well, it will allow PUT commands if you authenticate
properly.)  I suspect that the problem is that the "ensure full commit"
step tries to PUT a checkpoint document back to the source machine.

Is that correct?  If so, is there any way to replicate a database from a
couch server that only allows GET commands?

Thanks for your help,
     Kevin