couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Davis" <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data loss in CouchDB 1.0.1
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 01:38:34 GMT
Jason,

Good tool, but unless I'm mistaken, the issue here I that the data just doesn't exist on disk.
I think we're fairly sure that this isn't the 1.0.0 bug but something else. I'm leaning towards
something config specific but all of our theories appear to be incorrect given the reported
observations.

On Jun 6, 2011, at 9:29 PM, Jason Smith <jhs@iriscouch.com> wrote:

> I once made a very simple CouchDB undelete tool. It scans your disk
> device for anything that looks like the on-disk CouchDB JSON format.
>
> https://github.com/jhs/grep_couch
>
> I've recovered data with it, but notably, the _id and _rev are *not*
> stored with the rest of a document, so you tend to get lots of docs
> with no _id field. (I'm considering always having an "id" field to
> dupe the "_id" in case I ever have to do that again.)
>
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:35 PM, René Brüntrup <bruentrup@imfl.de> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>>> 1) Are you certain that you were in fact writing to the database on this server
and not the replica?  Can you share some access logs towards that end?