couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Bruch <br...@cs.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:26:42 GMT

On 10.06.2011, at 11:14, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> [...]
Eclipse that packages the latest CouchDB w/ Erlang runtime for MacOSX  + code that starts
CouchDB from within Eclipse.

>>> Awesome!
>>
>> I spent few minutes on this today. Starting/stoping an instance of CouchDB from within
Eclipse works. Configuration parameters like "database_dir" "util_driver_dir" etc., however,
still point to the build folder. This needs some adjustments, for example by rewriting the
configuration file on startup.

>> How can we continue?
>> 1. To use CouchDB from Eclipse support for most popular os is needed. This should
include win32/64, linux32/64, and mac32/64.

>> 2. The configuration issues need to be solved.
>
> Again using rcouch templates you can build customs couch with the
> config you need, and distribute it as a binary. Maybe it could help?
>
> https://github.com/refuge/rcouch_template

Will have a look at this.

>> 3. To use CouchDB at Eclipse the code of CouchDB and Erlang must pass an IP check.
Especially for Erlang this may take some time.

> Not sure why ? You can get last uri used by couch by getting it in
> couch.uri file and let ip an dport be set automatically by the system
> (0.0.0.0:0)

sorry, this term is overloaded. With "IP" i meant "Intellectual Property" check.

>> While the latter is more my problem than yours, how about the former two? Is it realistic
to get builds for other os from CouchDB community?

>> The (minimalistic) Eclipse/Java code to start/stop CouchDB is round about 20 lines
and will grow to a few hundred lines I think to deal with configuration rewrites etc.