couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Roger Rohrbach <ro...@ecstatic.com>
Subject _changes?include_docs=true fails if any documents deleted?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:40:58 GMT
Hi, all.  I'm new to CouchDB (am actually using Cloudant's hosted service, via Heroku), and
have (possibly) discovered something troubling: it is not possible to make a request to _changes?include_docs=true
if there are any deleted documents.  CouchDB craps out at the deleted document, rendering
malformed JSON.  If I remove the include_docs option, I get the correct results, but of course
then I must request each new, updated or deleted record individually.  Surely one should be
able to request the documents and process them in one request (in fact, one can, as long as
none were deleted).

This seems like a glaring defect.  I just wanted to run it by this list before reporting it
as a bug.  Is there something I'm misapprehending?

Thanks,

Roger