couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: [ann] erica 0.1
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:24:56 GMT
Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Nils Breunese <N.Breunese@vpro.nl> wrote:
>>

>> (...)
>>
>> But sadly make failes:
>>
>> ----
>> $ cd erica
>> $ make
>> Uncaught error in rebar_core: {'EXIT',
>>                                  {undef,
>>                                      [{crypto,start,[]},
>>                                       {rebar,run_aux,1},
>>                                       {rebar,main,1},
>>                                       {escript,run,2},
>>                                       {escript,start,1},
>>                                       {init,start_it,1},
>>                                       {init,start_em,1}]}}
>> make: *** [deps] Error 1
>> ----
>>
>> What is wrong here?
>
> Is erlang buit with crypto support ?

Apparently it wasn't. I'm using MacPorts, so I ran 'sudo port install erlang' and this is
what I got. I just found out about port variants [0] and apparently there is an ssl variant
available for the Erlang port. After running 'sudo port install erlang +ssl' it seems the
erica build is now indeed working. Maybe updating the requirements to "Erlang R13B04 (or higher)
with crypto support" will help others in the future.

Nils.

[0] http://guide.macports.org/#using.variants
 VPRO   www.vpro.nl