couchdb-user mailing list archives

From MK ...@cognitivedissonance.ca>
Subject Re: Updates
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 13:17:33 GMT
On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 11:25:37 -0700
Mark Hahn <mark@boutiquing.com> wrote:
> > I don't want to duplicate/rewrite them for couch.
>
> I'm using nodejs and I created a nodejs version of jquery.couch.js so
> I can run my couchdb access code on either the server or the client
> with zero changes.

Sounds like a great idea; I'm using node as well, and haven't looked at
jquery.couch.js (thanks for the tip).

Since they both use commonjs, presuming the couchdb request object
available in shows is the same as the request object in node (for
getting cookies and ip's), I guess they could share some module code,
and, at least for the shows, I could then query couch direct from the
client.

I probably won't bother with that, but it'd be a nice option (where it
works).

It would be great would be to see the commonjs/server side js realm
get worked out to provide standard module classes for stuff like
requests (a la perl's CPAN), et. al., esp. if those modules could be
compiled XS style (from C/C++).

MK

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)