couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ajai Khattri <couc...@bitblit.net>
Subject Re: Limit on the number of databases?
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 19:39:36 GMT

Since we're discussing large numbers of mobile clients: would it be
possible to do replication in "batches" from a client (i.e. not
immediately) so that server resources are not continuously tied up?

On another project Ive worked on where syncing from mobile clients was
involved, we developed a scheme where the server informs the clients at
the end of the sync process, which time they should next sync. It allowed
us to stagger syncing of large numbers of clients across a 24hr period.

--
Aj.