couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ryan D Hiebert <rhieb...@puc.edu>
Subject Replication Order
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 22:40:38 GMT
When replication is being done, in what order will the changes be applied?  In the order that
they happened, or in the order of the _id they refer to, or some other ordering, or is there
no ordering that can be expected.  For instance, if I move a document, I would like to make
sure that I never have two versions of the document.  To this end, I first delete the document,
and then create it again with the new _id.  In a replicated database, can I be sure that the
document will be first deleted, and then created on the replicated database?

Thanks,

Ryan