couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB Architecture for Modern Web Applications
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 02:48:46 GMT
I think these are good questions.

It is important, if you are gonna build a replicating app, that you
get used to thinking of replication filters as the security model.

Validation functions and replication filters.

Per document ACLs get hard to maintain (each query engine had to
respect them, and if the user really cares, they could just grep the
.couch file.)

So to really be secure, you have to think in terms of replication.

Now that we have the _replicator DB coming in 1.1, it will make it
easy to make CouchApps that manage replication. This way we can make a
super simple tool to keep Couch Apps running.

I fully agree we need more replicator tooling.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net