couchdb-user mailing list archives

From He Shiming <heshim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mapping multiple entries in an array field? (like tags)
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 01:57:03 GMT
@Mark, hmm... eventually, I'm expecting the number of docs to be in
the millions. Most of them will be tagged, and the number of tags will
be in the thousands. Many "hot" tags will return a lot of documents.
Unlike the single tag situation, which I can put a limit on. Finding
intersections requires the full list.

I'm trying to use a schedule to pre-fetch content for all the tags.
But even under this circumstance, I'm looking for a lightweight way.

So far I came to think that my original idea wasn't so bad. Because
each document will only have like 5 or 10 tags max. The number of
possible combinations isn't that huge. I think this way, there will be
less calculation than fetching the full list several times at client
side. The plus side would be, as long as it's still map/reduce, I can
use bigcouch to scale the calculation easily.

--
Best regards,
He Shiming