couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document Timestamp On Replication
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 20:35:44 GMT
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Poyau, John <john.poyau@lmco.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Our project the learningregistry<https://github.com/LearningRegistry/LearningRegistry>
is using couchdb and we are trying to figure out what is the best way to update document timestamps
on replication.  Currently we have a resource_data database where resource_data document
has a  update_timestamp field that is set when the document is pushed to database and any
time that the document is updated thereafter.  We want the update_timestamp to be time of
replication when the document gets replicated.   What is the couchdb way of update the documents
update_timestamp on replication.

The CouchDB way is Don't Do That. If you change a doc during
replication then your replications will never finish.