couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wordit <wordi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOLVED - Admin password change - Futon?
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 13:05:13 GMT
I was able to login as admin all the time. I needed to change the
admin passwd. It was all due to a break-in at a third-party site where
a hacker had stolen the passwds. Since I was using the same passwd it
needed changing.

I thought it better not to mention that until I had changed it :-)

Thanks for all the help,

Marcus

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Gabor Ratky <rgabo@rgabostyle.com> wrote:
> Well, if you were able to go to Configuration, you were essentially in Admin Party mode,
no? In that case, there is a 'Set up admin use' link in the bottom right corner in Futon that
does the same.

> I would've expected that you're not able to edit Configuration unless you're logged in
as admin.

> Glad to hear that it did solve your problem!
>
> Gabor
>
> On Monday, May 30, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Wordit wrote:
>
>> Thanks Gabor, we did find out how to do this with Futon. Jason
>> explained how it's done, but it's *not* specific to IrisCouch. Works
>> on any Couch.
>>
>> Goto Configuration in Futon, then click "Add new section" and enter
>> into the dialog:
>>
>> section = admins; option = admin; value = the new password
>>
>> Futon will either add an additional admin user or overwrite the
>> existing password if the user exists.
>>
>> HTH anyone else in the same predicament,
>>
>> Marcus
>>

>> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Gabor Ratky <rgabo@rgabostyle.com (mailto:rgabo@rgabostyle.com)>
wrote:
>> > There must be a way to manage this in the CouchOne / IrisCouch interface. Unfortunately
I have no clue where exactly it is. Ask them, if you can't find it.

but depends on where you have couchdb installed). You can just have "username = password"
in plain text, CouchDB will take care of hashing the password afterwards. Also, if you delete
all admin rows, you are back to admin party and you can set up a shiny new admin user using
Futon.