couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: [ann] couchapp 0.8.0 is out
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 01:33:44 GMT
On 9 May 2011 10:17, Andrew Stuart (SuperCoders)
<andrew.stuart@supercoders.com.au> wrote:
> It's still a little unclear to me - is couchapp a tool for developing
> couchdb applications locally and automatically deploying them to a couchdb
> server, or is couchapp the concept of developing applications in which there
> is no middle tier between client and couchdb?  Or is couchapp not two
> separate concepts but both of these things combined sharing the same name?

Yes - Check the archives for earlier discussions on this point.

> If these things are separate concepts is there any value in considering a
> new name for one or the other such as "couchbuilder" and "couchapp".
>
> as

Hi Andrew,

there are at least 4 "Couch App" frameworks out there, all doing
things slightly differently. Not all of them allow replicating/cloning
from filesystem -> couch and back again, not all of them use couchapp
js internally, each with different languages / dependencies / plugins.

https://github.com/couchapp/couchapp
https://github.com/quirkey/soca
https://github.com/caolan/kanso
https://github.com/glesperance/node-rocket

All worth a look & no doubt there's more.

A+
Dave