couchdb-user mailing list archives

From afters <afters.m...@gmail.com>
Subject DB that mirrors a view
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 18:12:50 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm giving a serious look into building a db that mirrors the contents of a
view (for running map on the results of map-reduce).

The hurdle that I'm facing is tracking changes in the view:
It's possible to listen to the db's changes feed and deduce which view-keys
should be updated for a particular seqnum, then query the view with these
keys. Unfortunately, the view would only return the latest results, that may
easily incorporate changes from later seqnums, thus making my mirroring db
inconsistent with the view.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else meddled with turning a view to a db?
It would be useful if I could somehow freeze the update of the view (I guess
I could do it by replicating its db only to a certain point, but that would
mean a whole other db)

Thanks,
  a.